The iPod Nano 4th Generation is an older model.You may be experiencing problems with it. Or, it may have actually broken. Learn how to open up the iPod Nano in this tutorial. You can also hack your iPod Nano.
Using the iPod Nano
The Apple iPod Nano is a small media player designed to fit in a pocket. The 4th Generation iPod Nano come with either 8 or 32 GB of memory, and it was released in September 2008. The iPod Nano features a click wheel, which you scroll to select your media.
If you own an iPod Nano 4th Generation, you may want to crack it open and just see what’s inside. Or, you may want to access the internal components, especially if your iPod Nano isn’t working properly. So, you are now faced with a question: how to open 4th gen iPod Nano?
Removing the Casing
Well, the first thing that you’ll notice about the Nano is the rounded edges. The 4th generation iPod Nano is thinner and taller than older generations, which almost makes it easier to open. You must have a pry tool and a flat head and Phillips screwdriver to do this job.
Well, to start at the top of the Nano, and remove the white plastic piece with the flat screwdriver. Put simply pull your head in the hole on the left and upward. Do the same for the lower plastic part. Pop, for the lock switch on the top of the Nano. On the top, you will see some metal with two Phillips screws exposed on both ends. On the ground, you see three phillips screws. Remove these screws. Now you should try, remove the board. the board will not slip out: But you can carry on an issue.
Breaking It Open
The problem is the battery compartment. It will not let your iPod from the film. If you want to do the board all the way out, you need to actually need to remove the LCD display means, the breaking of the iPod Nano. A ribbon connects the LCD screen on the board. You need to get this break ribbon on the internal components. After the band is broken and removed the LCD screen, you can now open up the iPod Nano. But you can have your nano broken. It seems that the iPod Nano is almost impossible to repair. So, you are generally two options: a replacement or buying a new one.
Hacking Your iPod
But, you can still hack a Nano without completely killing the iPod. One way to do this is to change the Firmware, which allows you to add different items to your iPod Nano. To do this, follow the below procedures:
- Download the iPodWizard.
- You can use different programs for hacking the firmware, including iHack, which is a free hacking program. Download the software.
- Download the latest firmware from the iPod Updater. This is the firmware that you’ll hack.
- Run the iPodWizard, and select Open Updater.
- Backup the file inside the iPod Updater folder. This ensures that you can restore iPod if something goes wrong.
- Inside the iPodWizard, select the Strings tab.
- Change the word iPod to Make.
- Run iHack, and type in Make in the Input window.
- Select Send to Active Window.
- Select the “I” in the iPod Window.
- Select Write. This changes the Firmware file.
- Plug your iPod into your computer, and everything on it will be erased.
- Restore the IPod.
In the iPodWizard, you can now change the font, graphics, etc. After every change, just remember to hit Write. Hacking your iPod is just another solution to how to open up a 4th gen iPod Nano.